Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
please read the following information prior to beginning your application
Before you begin the application process, please have the following information available:
- Names and dates of birth for all household members;
- Social security numbers for all household members;
- Current and valid email address;
- Current and valid phone number; and
- Current mailing address.
Please be prepared to write down your application confirmation number.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
Once you apply, you must keep your contact information up to date through the Applicant Portal. In order to create an Aplicant Portal account, please click here.
If you are notified about your placement on the waiting list and your letter is returned as undeliverable or there is no response within 10 business days of the date on the letter, your application will be removed from the waiting list.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Texas law;
- Annual income must not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission (you can reference current income limits on our website through this link);
- All adult household members must pass a criminal background check;
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- All household members must provide documentation of legal indentity, social security cards, and/or immigration status; and
- Applicant may not currently owe bad debt to SAHA or any other housing authority.
Once you are selected from the waiting list, SAHA will review the following information on your application:
The San Antonio Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...